Each day try one of these productive coping skills.
Give them a try and see if they help you cope well in the midst of challenging days/experiences.
30 Productive Coping Skills
- Practice breathing-in through your nose, out through your mouth for one minute.
- Listen to uplifting or inspirational music
- Pet your cat or dog
- Sit in the sun and close your eyes
- Listen to inspirational podcasts
- Write yourself an encouraging note and carry it in your pocket
- Go for a brisk 10 minute walk
- Call a friend
- Invite a friend over
- Write positive affirmations on note cards and place where you can see them often
- Go outside and listen to nature
- Work in the garden or flower bed
- Plant a flower in a pot
- Make a gratitude list
- Swim, run, jog, hike
- Smell a flower and touch the petals
- Write something positive about yourself for every letter of the alphabet. Decorate it and hang it where you will see it everyday
- Write a letter to someone
- Offer to walk a neighbor’s dog or go to a shelter and play with dogs/cats.
- Draw a cheerful picture outside with sidewalk chalk
- Print your favorite Bible verse on a card and memorize it
- Decorate your mirror with positive affirmations and your favorite photos
- Write a thank you note to your best friend
- Go for a walk and take pictures of flowers; challenge yourself to find 15 different kinds
- Play a board game with a friend or sibling
- Write a list of compliments about a friend and give it to them
- Write an inspirational quote on your mirror with an erasable marker
- Work out