Jimmy Storrie is a Professional Counselor and the Leader of Life Recovered, a ministry that serves ministry leaders through counseling/mentoring, retreats and seminars. Jimmy earned a Bachelor of Arts in Bible from Howard Payne University, a Master of Arts in Religious Education from Southwestern Seminary, and a Master of Arts in Professional Counseling from Dallas Baptist University. Married since 1988, he and his wife Amy reside in Denton Texas – they have three adult daughters and three sons by marriage.
Jimmy and Amy served for more than 20 years on church staff. Burn out and life issues led them away from church staff in 2004. Life Recovered was launched in 2009 to create an avenue for strengthening and encouraging ministry leaders. Since that time Jimmy has had the opportunity to invest in hundreds of ministry leaders and their families. Jimmy facilitates StaffCare Retreats for church/ministry organizations, Godly Guys/Girls Retreats for junior high/high school youth, Parent Conferences and Marriage Conferences. Amy travels with him to many of these events to help facilitate and hosts many leaders in their home for retreats.
Jimmy’s passion is to offer ministry leaders biblical support and encouragement to help leaders fulfill God’s plan for their lives and advance the Kingdom.
- Certified Stress Management Consultant
- Member; American Association of Christian Counselors
- Member; Association of Biblical Counselors
- Served as a Youth Pastor for 20 years
- Youth Specialist- Lifeway Christian Resources
- Counselor/Regional Manager – Meier Clinics
- Counselor/Passages Ministry Leader – Hunters Glen Baptist Church, Plano, TX
- Interim Student Pastor in several churches
- Served as a team member for Texas Youth Conclave; Chairman Oklahoma Youth Ministers Forum; Speaker/Leader at Ridgecrest/Glorieta Conference Centers, Howard Payne University, Wayland Baptist University, Oklahoma Baptist University. Board President; Circle Six Baptist Ranch; Vice President, Religious Educators Association; Dallas, TX.
StaffCare Retreat Testimony: “Jimmy brought a breath of fresh air to our team along with a license to take care of ourselves so that we could have longevity in taking care of others. He led us to ask and answer questions as a team that we have never addressed regarding our joy in service, our individual contributions to our team, and our relationships with one another as a team. We received much encouragement from his depth of knowledge and experience with ministers and the life of a minister.” Staff Team Leader